prepare for Rmr test
Preparing for RMR testing
1. Arrive at your appointment prepared to rest. Do not exercise the day of the test.
2. Fast for four hours prior to the appointment.
3. Avoid stimulants such as caffeine or cold medications.
4. Take prescription medications according to schedule.
During the test
1. You will be asked to sit or recline in a comfortable position.
2. A nose clip will be placed on your nose.
3. You will be given a mouthpiece to breathe into. You will be breathing in fresh air from the room, but the gas that you breathe out will go through a tube into the analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
4. Make a nice seal with your lips around the mouthpiece to ensure that all the air you exhale will be analyzed.
5. Relax. After about 10 minutes the device will beep, indicating it is finished.
6. That’s all there is to it!